Tuesday 23 October 2007

Disciple Report

Mernac.com FREE fantasy fiction

Must be close to having caught up, with the Disciple duties, not the sitting in branches sweeping ? down onto the earth for Goran to assimilate into the earth, and make something creative of their sorry little hooked selves.

As a part of my Disciple duties, I/Anemo
provide the peepers for proofreading and removal of residual ??, from the sites crash last year. Some aspects I just do not have the capacity to fix and others I do.
Any tale that requires a little more 1:1 attention I’ll send a PM to the scribe. Then post it in the relevant forum, making a brief note here in my report.

What I’d like to see is that scribes take note of what they are creating during the inspiring writing and ensure that they try and make a Open Sapling or they please drop a note here. Though I think this thread should be moved to Anthology of names. Following the way that is set out in the first post. What do you think? Is this something that can be brought up and discussed at the Gods meetings?


Back to Characters:
Races of Light:
Ok, I snuck some of them into the previous post, well half of them anyway. Plus I’m not listing all the headings. I like back linking but not that much.

Oomba Oota: removed a minor ? in scribes notes.
Vanessa Freeheart: Removed the occasional ??. Also some minor typos.
• and processes (possesses) an aura of femininity that seems to permeate every part
Lord Damius Malcron: Removed the stray ?. May also want to look at the M-con in this as it gave me grief, trying to close it back up, had to change it from a branch to a seed just to close it.


Also want to add that I am reading all the tales. One checking for typos and two to try and assist myself with learning to write in the various arena’s. Learning by example of the ‘elite’ of LoM. Below you will find a list of what I have read and hopefully commented upon.
Reading recorded list: Most of these can be accessed through the recent comments on the left side bar. I’ve not listed them here as there are far too many.


Open Saplings: How about I just note that here, I’ve blown the ? off the page.
Prospective and Current Scribes: there are plenty of Open Saplings, that are just dying for their tales to be told. So if your stuck in a block, take a look at what’s on offer.

Elven Foresight.
Kethen'thar Night Hawk:
Edain and The Way of the Warrior: So wish I could rid the past comment.
Borzen Ritu: Also recall this being listed some where else.
Princess Leyna Ralon:
Annabel McDade:
Koliver:

Kara Feron Caspan
:
Valad Crittenton:
King Ralid Ecklin:
King Lev:
Gareth Banavlin:
Saffiya al-Ahbar:
Captain Cholak Rik-son:
Grath:
Jason Ketteran:
Magda:
Forever Nyte - Disciple of Terees: BTW: No teaser in place.
Tatianna:
Rage:
Soosa, the Old Woman of the Woods:
Kelsa Kaedani:


Miscellaneous: Within this heading you will find a wide range of little things that will over burden the Trolls, minor issues I have taken care of will be listed. If you are a scribe and wanting to assist with writing a tale about one of these Races or other arenas. I suggest that you do a little research and then go for it. Remember to contact the sage of the various arenas or one of his representatives.

Verishka Tellandras
: Fixed some minor finger slips. Examples shown below:
* or even like two tiny stars set in hear (her) lovely face
* Many had turn (turned) and ran (fled) when they saw the fury with which Verishka fought.
Kataryna "Black Rose" Vaelryn: Added a single word to connect a sentence.
* and promised none would touch her as long as she stayed in Garren (and) as long as she promised to learn the ways of an assassin.
Cariner Tridimus: Fixed some minor spacing issues and the following sentence typo.
* With no more ties to Lingin he quickly uprooted himself and took to traveling to the farhter (farther) reaches on Mernac.
Halna Salvitor: Fixed some minor finger slips. See below.
* Halna had been cursed with excessive oils in he (her) face leading blemishes
* for this way they could ensure that no tempting vixens would be around theirs (their) husbands and sons.
* Sola next to the grave in 2228 as a tribute to he (the) slave and the girl
Eetoo Uumbii:
Fixed a couple of typos and non relevant words.
* It is written that he has a (removed the a) long sleek fur of a dark gray hue (I say grey in color, you say gray. Vagaries in speech.)
* Faithmore had been a religious center of Oooloo (one o too many)
* In turn he trades (traded) items of technology, pottery, looms,
* Stromba wood carving, the unsuspecting (fur) became an agent of Kragle
* revolt in what is known as the Gentle One’s Masacre (massacre),
Kayri Braetooth: Listed as a seed with the Open Sapling information.
Alyxana Twosword: Q or Elsen, please read and edit the age to seasons. Also the measurements need looking at. Also some of wording could do with a little attention, especially towards the end.
Forever Nyte - Disciple of Terees: No teaser in place. But I’m sure I’ve read something somewhere.


You’ll know all the tales I’ve read by the comments that are left behind. I must say there has been a lot of great reads.
As I have had no feedback, which in itself is disheartening. You will notice that I am no longer picking out the endless supply of potential Open/Closed saplings and other pieces that can be used in the various arenas in LoM. Unless of course I am asked to directly, then I will go back over all the written work and send the scribes the lists and my thoughts.
I must say that my dictionary is having a fit with all the names…but it helps with the checking and referencing. I’ve noticed that the vagaries of spelling vary greatly with some scribes writing. Ie: Traveling – Travelling. These issues I have not altered as they pertain to the scribes locale.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

No comments: