Thursday 11 October 2007

Disciple Report



Stray ??


Just had to go through the inbox to find the PM’s that other members of LoM had sent to me. It appears I’d only missed a couple of PM’s and they have now been fixed and authors have been notified.

The Phantom Glade
Hram Zuul: Is this person still a participating member?
Meeting Xandalen Darkthorne

Finding Your Soul. Funny it only had one in the scribe notes.


Now I can start working my way through the various arenas:
Characters:

Just want to add that at times there are some, test saplings for blank submission, in place and in my view these should be deleted after a given amount of time. Why? For the overall, appearance of the site. Yes, we know the pages have those small Trolls visiting and running amok. But are they really required for a extended length of time?

Warryn Darkstar. Removed stray ?? from scribe notes.
Snow Beast. A single stray ?.
Holik. Just the strays in the Scribe notes at the bottom of the page.
Frostkiss. Singular ? in the notes.


Also want to add that I am reading all the tales. One checking for typos and two to try and assist myself with learning to write in the various arena’s. Learning by example of the ‘elite’ of LoM. Below you will find a list of what I have read and hopefully commented upon.
Reading recorded list:

Estenfall - The Burning Shadow. Scribe: Finister.
Art:
As I had read this long ago, before I became a Disciple the comments list the grammatical errors. These types of comment post should also be removed as they are not conducive to the site. Also I was new back then and had not taken into account the PM facility offered by the site.

Crosslings:

Drake Blackmist. Another excellent example of writing a character story. Anemo recommends that prospective scribes read this and some of the others that will be listed, in a visual learning context. If not PM the God/scribe and they will assist where they can.

Open saplings:

How The Lost One Became An Initiate Of The Crones House
Again way back when, I was posting comments with the errors displayed. If there is a way for the Trolls to fix these type of comment posts. I strongly suggest that they do. Also is Lady Wrinkles http://www.mernac.com/modules/profile/userinfo.php?uid=74
still a contributing member of the site?
Igruss Cliffwalker. Comes up as a blank post! Yet there must have been some text there as I made a comment way back when. Again is Tori B http://www.mernac.com/modules/profile/userinfo.php?uid=64
still a contributing member of the site? She is listed as the Goddess Witriss as well.


Minor revision:

Semajj Retius - The Master Bard of Cathall. Fixed some spacing issues. Nothing else required attention. M-con may need looking at here however.
Pyroglyph. Fixed one tiny typo. For that was all it was at the very beginning of the tale. The ‘o’ was dropped from ‘Pyroglyph’.


Miscellaneous:

Aadi. I’ve noted this one before it is bookmarked for Cathy f. Once again I ask, is this member still contributing to the site? If not I feel a sapling needs to be scribed and left open for another scribe to take on board.
Gollivag. This is missing the scribes notes at the bottom of the page and the description of what an Open Sapling is.
Darkwind. May require updating with the Mernacian measurements.


Ok, so a lot of these are Open Saplings, with those now eradicated ??. But it shows that even though I had missed some time of my Disciple duties. I am trying to make it up and whoa that was a lot of reading.

2 comments:

Quont said...

Thanks for this info, my dear. I didn't know that there were still test stories in there as the Trolls are supposed to delete them after they've served their purpose... {sighs} More work to do then... Ugh.

ND/Botr said...

You're Welcome Q. I'll keep noting them and logging them. Laughs as Q goes to kick some Troll butt!