Wednesday 19 December 2007

RW Intrudes



Not really just wanted to sing a tune.


Here comes Santa Claus
wearing his board shorts, Bonds singlet and thongs.
Six white boomers pulling a ute with skis.
Sweating his fat away.

The kids wake too early
their feeling surly
wrappings fly, tears and shreaks of joy,
cussing abounds.
Where's this or wheres that?

Oh tidings of comfort and Joy
the shiela's have their bowls of
Bitchy this early morn
the fella's woken with a early morning horn
oh tidings of comfort and Joy

Another warm Christmas planned
Beer, Icecream puddings, the great aussie wave.
How about sharing in a Aussie Christmas day.
Piled into the old or new holden
depends on the fortune.

We travel or others come to us
Kath n Kim wanna be's
air's and graces put on
Oh lord did we put our faces on.

Out the back we all gather
to yak and natter
the flies are biting
the BBQ's fuming
the beers a flowing

Blow ins drop by
spirits are high
Spirits are flowing
we all sing Aussie, Aussie Oi Oi Oi

Frustrations of weeks prior
cool then bubble
oh lordy there's goin to be trouble

Here comes Santa
wearing his board shorts, Bonds singlet and thongs.
Six white boomers pulling a ute with skis
Sweating his fat away.




Yeah I admit I was in a silly mood. I can't carry a tune for the life of me, but it was fun to write.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh Fi, you silly girl, when I posted about keeping in touch I wasn't talking about you. We shall always keep in touch, but I know you understand all too well how difficult real life can make that.

Have a happy holiday season, and I should have some writing to share with you soon. (Yes, I have your email account but I can't get any emails to send...apparently only my inbox works at the moment :-(

J.F. Posthumus said...

lol! I don't think it matters if you can "carry a tune"....it's the feeling behind it that counts!!!

Hope you and yours have a wonderful, safe, and happy/Merry Christmas!!!

And....take time out for some time for YOU. You deserve it!!!