Monday 15 October 2007

Mernac at a Glance


  


Mernac.com FREE fantasy fiction

Mernac Link Guide for other Relevant Arenas.


It's taken me a little while, but here are some more interesting links that writers may be interested in. If I happen to have doubled up on links please do drop me a line or if you know of a great link, please let me know and I'll add it to the listings.

Some of these sites allow you to join as members. I'll leave that up to you to decide.

Bartelby is a preeminent internet publisher of literature and reference material. Well worth the look.

Google translator now this was fun to play with and is a huge benefit to any writer/reader that is looking to translate text/s. It can not only translate entire sections, but web pages as well.
Yeah showing the novice in me.

Info please looking some type of information? Why not stop here first and take a look, you never know what you will find and how it will assist you, until you try. Here is another aspect that (even I) could be utilized more often.

CEO Express the one stop shop. There is a huge range of links, it may seem a little overwhelming. But believe me it is one site that is worth bookmarking.

The Writing Center is a public access handbook designed and maintained by the staff & students of the University of Richmond. Plenty of links and reading material. May not directly relate to writing Fantasy, but the principles are basically the same.

Urban Dictionary, ever wondered what the? Well find the answer to those questions here. Pizza tumor had me giggling, I knew what a tramp stamp was (I swear I don't have one!).

The Scriptorium a room set apart for writing. The name says it all. Contains a plethora of links.

Poynter online is a blog resource that provides plenty of assistance to the journalist. That can be utilized by any person that wishes to write better.

Welcome to The Chicago Manual of Style Online—the indispensable online reference for all who work with words. Manuscript Preparation, The tools provided here are intended to help authors prepare manuscripts for submission to our press. They will also be of use to writers, editors, and publishers at other organizations who are looking for models for procedure and content. Chicago-Style Citation Quick Guide.
(Yes borrowed their first paragraphs, thanks given to the site.)

Writing Handbook an wide range of links on the Research and Argument: a tool for teachers and students.

Found this whilst skipping around the ether and was surprised. Though can understand the reasoning. Bad words, naughty words that we all use. Sometimes way too often, and I do not mean cussing.

APA Research Style Crib Sheet. I'm still to look through this. I will, eventually. This I feel will assist with a small (coughs) project that is sitting on the back burner.

Visuwords looks at a different way of presenting a dictionary and thesaurus. Great for the Visual learner. (What me, never.)



Well thats all for now. Hoping that you find some of these helpful, even if you take one small thing away. It all ultimately furthers the grey matter.

No comments: