Monday 6 August 2007

Weekly Report/Disciple Duties


Anemo Eolics

Mernac.com FREE fantasy fiction

Report for the week of 31st July 2007 – 7th August 2007

Mernac.com FREE fantasy fiction


My disciple duties and personal duties have combined this week. Personally, I’ve made myself a few link pages:

Mernac at a Glance Guide/for Readers, Writers, Artists, other relevant Arenas and The Mothers and Fathers. I did this so it would stop me from continually searching for a tome, which I knew I had seen and found relevant to the site and my own scribing. Also hoping that other users, utilise it if they find they are stuck. I did read most of the writing and as per my normal, forgot to leave a comment. So I’ll be going back over them all and doing just that in the coming weeks.

For now however, I notified The Other and Rick of a Beta Query. It appears these tomes or at least some of them are quite old.

Terms/Concepts used in Mernac
General Writing and submission advice


Within this webpage there is a couple of small stray ??, that I cannot fix again a job for the Trolls. (They better find an optometrist and ensure they eat their carrots!)

Interactive Fiction/Never Ending Story

D&D Vs. MUD in Pen and Paper Wars, this one has only one or two stray ?? and it will take a keen eye to find them.

These I will leave all of these for the programming Trolls to look at.

Also I’ve implemented a Members of LoM link page, which encompasses their tales, blogs, and galleries. You will need to scroll to the bottom of the page to locate this one.

In applying some personal research I have fixed some minor stray ?? issues in the following tomes:

Faeries – Removed minor stray ??, nothing else changed.

Spider Elm.
Fixed a couple of really small typos. Rickits! Struggled with the reading of “When the grafting occurs in the same tree the same tree this boosts the trees circulation of sap and efficiency making it a very hardy tree, resistant to poor soil or the elements.” It felt choppy. Maybe future scribes can amend this.

Blue Maple
One really small case of Rickits.

Garren
One of the Gods may want to look at the continuity of this one. There are time references made incorrectly. I am aware it is an earlier Open Sapling, but it throws the continuity of what has been built within the Legends of Mernac. We do not use the word ‘century’, in our time lines.
Also fixed the small ?? in the scribes notes. Adjusted the spelling of ‘dieing’ to ‘dying’!

Sons of Pretense
This one also makes a reference to ‘century’ rather than ‘age’. Fixed one or two ?? in the scribes notes.

Nature's Own
Corrected the spelling of ‘dieing’ to ‘dying’. Nil stray ??.

Aadi
This has been reserved for Cathy F. Is Cathy F still an active member of LoM?
Fixed the stray’s in the scribes notes. Corrected the spelling of ‘dieing’ to ‘dying’.

Aamba Oomba
Only needed to fix the spelling of ‘dieing’ to ‘dying’ here.

Sage
Fixed a single stray ?.



Really need the programmers to look at the scribe notes area on the pages. There is still one small ? that comes up in lieu of a comma. I’ve been fixing them as I go through the pages. But it needs to be done from inside the program and therefore eliminated completely.

Now I would like to encourage every scribe to please leave me a note of Yay or Nay in the forums. That way I will be able follow your wishes. I want to add I do not under any circumstances change a persons writing. If I do have suggestions, I will PM the scribe in question and make them through this practice. I do take into account that people make up languages and that is wonderful in the fantasy genre. I strongly encourage this, however do make a translation note. Better yet, make a glossary of terms and apply for a folder in the Open Vault leaving the list there. Make a note for the connections forum, so as a connection to the glossary of terms can be accessed by the readers at their will. It will also assist other scribes if they want to utilise some of your speech or any other materials that you may have brought to life. I do encourage said scribes to PM the author and ask permissions, if you can use their creation of language in your work.
Now its no biggy, I am not the best with punctuation. I will point out glaring obvious pieces. But I will not change anything without first letting the scribe/s know. If it is minor rickits that your suffering. You will find a notation in the weekly reports.

Now if memory serves me correctly. There was a question in the forums about having an extra folder created for the Open Vault. You can do this by PM’ing the Other or Rick. Do Please take note that all the Gods are busy, not only within LoM, but with RW stuff. My suggestion is to ask and then wait. If you’ve not heard back say in a week. Ask again, make the PM’s heading stand out. God’s inbox’s are ruthlessly filled on a daily basis and they can only skim a lot of the PM’s.

Also I would like to add that I have now decided to break my report into two parts. One will be for the disciple duties only and the other my tidbits on the Legends of Mernac. I feel that this will also make it a lot easier for the God’s to check my progress reports and for others to read my little takes on the goings on within the Legends of Mernac.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My, my, you have been busy, Little Wind.

ND/Botr said...

Chuckles...just a little Mother!
Idle hands are not good, active mind and hands work well together.

Thank-you for dropping by, I hope the place was tidy. Runs off to dust some more, or is it to creat dust. Who knows with the wind?