Tuesday 7 August 2007

Anemos Featured Artist

Sunday the 11th of August - Tuesday 21st of August.


Myspace Codes

Is this weeks Featured Artist!



Please allow me to introduce you to my dear fiery sister!

Mernac.com FREE fantasy fiction

I am SUCH a bad sister for taking this long to get back to you, but I have a really really good excuse.

Okay, here goes...

Tuesday was my birthday and the party just now ended...*looks around and hopes Little Wind doesn't notice that there's no one else in the room partying*

Tis fine dear Sister. Many Happy returns for the day and I hope that you did not party too much or too hard. Now what brought you to the Legends of Mernac?

I was brought to Mernac by the contest at Renderosity back in September of 2006. Yes, it was the lure of money, plain and simple. Luckily I held no delusions that I had a chance of winning, but I decided to check the site out anyway and found that it wasn't just about art but about writing as well!


My dear sister, no need to tempt me with cookies. I'm already on the dark side!


I have loved writing for as long as I've been able to (and I still prefer to write everything out on paper, then type it later). The digital art I've only been doing since 2004 -- prior to that I did photography and photo manipulations, but then I got Poser and have been hooked on 3D ever since.

The more I just sort of hung around Mernac, the more I fell in love with the idea of 10,000 years of history told by hundreds of writers and artists.

Oh, I know sis. I scribble notes on paper and process it all again at a later date. I've also taken a look at your photographic art work. Amazing!

Why be both scribe and artist? Well I'm not sure I'm a good example of either, much less of both. It just depends on what mood I'm in. Some days I can write pages and pages, and other days I just want to sit down and convey my emotions and feelings into an image.

What I like best about creating an image is that it can be anything I want it to be, the more unrealistic the better.

That is so very true and your writing is good. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Have faith and you shall prevail.


Seriously, though, the appeal is that I can create *my* dream world, and if it inspires someone else or fits in with an existing story then that's great. If I try to create an image to fit an existing story, I generally run into a brick wall and the image either doesn't happen or looks terrible.

My favorite artists (sorry, can't pick just one!) at Mernac would be Kachinadoll, Morgan and Serapella.

Okay, now that I've rambled far more than you probably ever wanted, feel free to edit it to fit your blog or to decide that I'm nuts and run for the hills.

I'm just so excited that you asked me!!!!



Never my dear sis! I shall not run for the hills, I will play on them and frocklick through the leaves. Thank-you so very much for spending the time with me and I am plaesed that you did not scorch my pages.



© All images are used with the express permission of the featured artist.
Please note that due to realworld commitments, I am sometimes behind with my featured artisan additions. It does not however, mean that I have forgotten them.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

No comments: