Tuesday 31 July 2007

Anemos Featured Artist








to an entertaining moment or two with
Jamesf83 who is the featured artist for the week of
Saturday 28th July - Sunday the 11th of August.
Mernac.com FREE fantasy fiction

James is a Home away from Home member of the Legends of Mernac and might I add quite the artisan.

When I first approached James83 it was with some trepidation, as artist's like writers can be a little sensitive. Imagine the surprise Little Wind got when she was given the following. (Broken into segments, so that his art can be viewed as well.)
To my left you will observe an image that was one of the first that caught my eye, that belonged to James83. It reminded me greatly of a book cover and what could be produced as a book cover for the Battle of Traddlebow. Of course there are others and you can view those in James83's Gallery. This one in particular was to do with the slaying of Private Menda. Which in itself is a rather great tale scribed by Rick. Don't forget to comment on the image and tale and slip James83 and Rick a mernal or 2, if you have some to spare!

Now some comments from James83.

Thank you Anemo, Its never easy to talk about oneself so I will talk about My coming to Mernac and why I’ve decided to stay.
First I’ve been doing 3D art since 1999 E.g. Poser 4 to create 3D avatars and props for 3d worlds and web Pages. That lasted up until a few years ago when I had a falling out with my business partner at which time I just started doing 3D images for fun.
I first heard of Mernac when they offered their first major 3d contest and decided to have a look since my passion is both reading and creating 3D fantasy art this seemed to be a very cool and interesting site, even with all its Growing pains of lost art etc. I had the pleasure of reading Rick’s Mission plan for Mernac and thought what an undertaking.
What has kept me coming back is the interaction that there is between writer and artist and artist and artist and their abilities to work together to create such an excellent site and stories with art. I think as Mernac grows so will we all.
I’ve always loved a challenge to create art based on stories so this is the perfect place for me. I’m also very pleased with how members treat new members offering to help where and when they can Mernac really has become a second home to me in my spare time.
With 13 Gods, 2 Moons and a ten thousand year history I think I’ll be here for a long time to come. There is so much too do in Mernac for an artist and as an artist I think my talents are constantly growing as I talk to other artist we all seem to feed off each other with the goal of perfection and this goes just as well as for the writers too. Since being in Mernac and watching the other artist grow in their talents has made this a fun experience for me. And I always value my art being critiqued by my fellow Mernacians.
Future plans include learning Maya so that I can create some awesome movies and short animations I also hope to start creating some freebies for fellow artist to use in their art that will be based on Mernac objects that we would not be able to get otherwise.
Thank you for posting my art I really appreciate the acknowledgment
Jamesf83.

You are sincerly welcome James83 and again thank-you for providing me with the above information. I do so like it when an artisan is so easy going and likes to talk!


Please allow me to introduce you to an Open Sapling that inspired James83 to create a wonderful image. This is Talonna Verrde was the neice to the Queen Krisslyn of Korrabutu and of all Tecian Elves and one of the few who had ever challenged a queen, won, then relinquished the throne back to the former queen. She cordially invites the prospective scribes to complete her tale and not only immortalise her within the Legends of Mernac. But themselves as the scribe.

Now this image James83 created for the May artcontest. Which of course is closed. But entries are still being taken for the months of July, August, September and so on as detailed in the above link.
Now what caught my eye in this image was the dragons head in the smoke and of course the Gnomish soul sitting by the fire. Poor little wind has an affliction with Gnomes, they are so cute and don't have a lot scribed about them. In fact there is a cheeky rude little Gnome who drops into her blog every so often. You may find him inside here somewhere.

Here we have another fine example of what could easily be a Book cover. Please allow me to introduce you to Sara and Kalos. Now Kalos has been with the Legends of Mernac for a long time and he knows quite a bit about the Legends. What he does'nt know you will have to ask Gumby about. Tales are not only inspiring to artisans of Mernac. But to the the scribes. The tales above were quilled by Rick and our newest Mother Teress. I do strongly suggest that you read a few of the tales of Mernac and then add your own tomes to the Legends.

Now I do hope that you have enjoyed your moment or two here with James83 and that you do pay him a visit at anyone of the above mentioned sites. I am postive that he will enjoy the feedback, as would any of the scribes within the Legends of Mernac.
If you have enjoyed this feature, please do leave me a comment, even if you did not! I'd like to know the reasons and maybe I could rectify the cause.


© All images are used with the express permission of the featured artist.
Please note that due to realworld commitments, I am sometimes behind with my featured artisan additions. It does not however, mean that I have forgotten them.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

No comments: