Thursday 15 November 2007

Quonts Questions

Asks the Mernacian

Mernac.com FREE fantasy fiction
Anemo Eolic
To Tell you what Inspires her creativity.

My dearest Uncle, like you and dear cousin Lucia my creativity stems from the fount of knowledge that is found within LoM and of course through flitting through the other wonderful places within the ether.
You see as I am a wind element, I see and feel a lot more. Then I am given the opportunity to interpret these things in the manner that I see fit. It could be just the way the sun sets over the mountains in Ooloo or the playful fish in a stream. I've seen many varied animals in LoM and well some of their antics, gives me ideas. I saw a Rop Bear attend to nature the other day and well, how was it to know a wood elf was standing under that tree at that particular time. I can say he was not amused, by I certainly was.

Music, I love music. It creates so many emotive reactions in me, that I don't have time to write. I dance and send my thoughts to my scribe and creator. Who then tries to assemble my thoughts into some coherency, though she does make a great poem out of my random words. Oh I think I hear a Planet dirt song calling me...Beautiful Girl...yep...Oh I went and sat in the rafters the other day and watched 'Hairspray' then 'Pricilla Queen of the Desert', oh my, I must say we need our bards to write and produce some of these styled wonderful pieces. I'm sure there is an actor or two within LoM that would inspire to being given a great script and take on a persona that shows the antics of some of our more humorous characters.

G'day all. Anemo inspires me, though her thoughts are often jumbled or could it be that she drops them on me when I'm not my most coherent self. What else inspires me, images, real or created. Words, sometimes I'll see or hear a word and create passages to accompany that word.

Children, are a great source of inspiration. Their imaginations are vast and untainted. Nature, oh nature. When its chaotic or at rest, there is a certain inspiration that bursts forth. Often, I'll carry a camera and take a snap (digital) and see if I've caught something that no one else has taken any notice of.

Music, often sets the mood for writing. Relaxation music is often the best for those loving pieces, the calmness comes across in the words. Then on occasion the mood will shift and so will the music.

Yesterday, whilst attending to my RW duties. I observed two things. One made me giggle and gave me a good chance to have a perv on the more masculine sex. Picture this: Driving along listening to the radio, slight drizzle in the air, which turned the weather muggy. A black vehicle makes a left hand turn out of a side street. On the roof, there is a white washing basket. It slides off, spilling its contents. Now you'd naturally expect a female to hop out of the now stopped vehicle. But NO, it was a tanned and muscular young male. Wearing red shorts that have some rather nice splits up the thigh. He had a white singlet on. He quickly scurried to gather his under garments. I stopped, hit the hazard lights and protected his washing. Yes I was wearing wrap around sunnies (perv glasses) and he knew I was watching. He smiled, went a nice shade of crimson and thanked me. Hmm, I like protecting property that way, indeed!

The second: Wee hours of the morning. Everything is still, hardly a movement anywhere. I'm turning into the servo to refuel, fluorescent lighting provides false daylight. The weather is calm and there is a bit of a chill in the air, I observe a male in a grey hooded wind-cheater, black track pants and no shoes. Rather dark skinned and his head is covered with the hood of the wind-cheater. He is lazily walking through the car park of the servo. I slow and continue to observe, he stoops to pick up a dropped coin and peer at me, obviously thinking that I'll not notice. He then proceeded to try and gain entrance to the servo, but the automatic doors are locked from the inside, the attendant is in the back. Having stopped by now, I hop out of the vehicle and proceed to refuel, keeping an eye on this character, that has raised my hackles. He swaggers up the drive and hovers at the verge. The attendant by now has come out and I signal him to not open the doors. Using hand signals to alert him to a potential threat. We speak with our hands for a few moments and I watch the male as he cross's the road. Once he is out of sight I move into the store.

Situations like these happen all the time and one needs to be very wary. I kept one of my hands visible and the other was occupied with my baton and of course the fuel pump. I only ever stop at a place where I know the lay of the land and where the camera's are. Its all safety issues, and things that need to be taken into account when alone on the road. But they do provide some great tales. Later that night I night I alerted another guard to this character as he was last seen heading into his domain.

1 comment:

Serephina said...

I can see it now - Mernac, The Movie.

Nature is a fantastic source of inspiration. Living in the city, you sometimes forget to look down or up.

Thanks for the reminder!