Thursday 15 November 2007

Mernacs Disciple Weekly Report

Mernac.com FREE fantasy fiction

Sixth addition to More stray??.
I’ve taken the liberty of posting a note, stating what I do within Mernac. Mission Statement Proofreader Zealots and Spot a Error, Yay or Nay.

My reports are then copied and tagged into the TS&E forum then I pop a copy in my blog and a note is PM’d to TO, as Elsen is on a break.

I would also like to point out that I am compiling a list of help threads and a suggested list of Open/Closed Saplings. The former is also posted in the TS&E at the time of making my reports. The Help thread is an ongoing and I will share it, once notified of a place within the forums of Mernac.

Unless there are major issues with the tale or permissions are not granted. I will PM the scribe with the errors and leave a note within the report stating that some typos were spotted. I will however, remove the stray ?? without notifying the scribe. That is all I will do and no changes will be made to the body of the text. As stated within the Proof reading zealot, I will wait a month or more and if I am not notified, I will then go in a make the changes. I will then proceed to leave a note in the TS&E saying when the changes were made.

Oh, nearly forgot on occasion. I’ll receive a request to read through some parts of Mernac, which I will do. Priorities, these will now fall under that heading. Please do remember I do not have access to all areas. So sometimes Typos, Spellin and Errors need to be fixed the hard way. But please do PM me and I’ll chase up the God or scribe that can fix these.

It also appears that a few of the scribes that had in the past been active on the site are no longer active. I was wondering what will happen with their works that are not completed. Is there anyway of notifying said scribes and if they do not wish to return and complete their tales, opening them for other current scribes to take up the tale.

Now if you’re an interested scribe/writer you may want to take a look at Welcome to the Age of Elsen. Which details exactly what the God Elsen is looking for from scribes within his age.
Priorities:
Nil attained this week. Though you could say my own writing has been a bit of a priority and the RW.
Now back to scheduled events such as finishing the Legends section and then moving onwards.

The Croth Rebellion
Sage of The Croth Rebellion: Elsen Elsen may want to look at changing the wording of years to seasons in the intro to this piece.

Might I suggest that you connect Mernac > The Dragon > Sagas and Books > Book: The Croth Rebellion this into the introduction. Allowing readers to follow the tale as set out in the book. I’m going to use it to follow the tale as the scribe has set it out. Which by the way (IMHO) is yet another brilliant idea for keeping a track on Sagas and book chapters.

The Mysterious Visitor: There is one or two small incidences where the spacing has joined. I cannot edit this as I don’t have the capability.

Lord Vaarsak:
Already read and commented upon.

Croth Rebellion - The Beginning: Still need to read this.

Croth Rebellion - A Vow Inspired: Still need to read this.

A True Hero's Journey: Still need to read this.


Closed Sapling/s: Curious as to what will happen with these if the original scribes, no longer come onto the site.

Shir'talla:
Removed a stray ?
Resh'karitas:
Removed a stray ?


Open/Closed Saplings: How about I just note that here, I’ve blown the ? off the page.
Prospective and Current Scribes: there are plenty of Open Saplings that are just dying for their tales to be told. So if your stuck in a block, take a look at what’s on offer. You know I rather think these are a programming glitch. If the trolls could locate the stray in the scribes notes they could eradicate them in one foul hit. Then maybe TO would be very pleased and maybe just maybe give them a little praise.

Some of these I’m sure I removed once before. Hence the above query.
Rage Bears
Black Owls
Mirdoren
The Hall: This appears to have lost its Open sapling teaser.
The Council Chamber: This appears to have lost its Open sapling teaser.
Pyroglyph's Aerie: This appears to have lost is Open sapling teaser.
Hero of My Dreams
Forever Nyte - Disciple of Terees: This appears to have lost is Open sapling teaser.
Witch: Added some italics, removed a stray ?
Spider Elm 1: There are two copies of this in the OS, this one I did not edit out the stray ?.
Spider Elm 2: This one is ok, to use.
Frost Giants: To be written by LindaC...
Goldmont
Huda Strone, Choicemaker
Faithmore City

Can’t Edit these, I don’t have a capability: 1. they are in the OV. 2. they are in the d20 resources.
Triple Trap Crush: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes. Also a few of the sentences seem to have dropped down and makes the piece look wrong.
The Sword of Mages: Has a stray in the scribes notes and the editors notes are a different color to the rest of LoM.
1/2 Dragon Knights: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes. Also a few of the sentences seem to have dropped down and makes the piece look wrong.
Linds: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Scurs: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Stoney Roots: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Croth Rebellion: Module 2: The catacombs of Ummm: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Ummm's Mirror: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Catacomb of Ummm: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Skill Specialization: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Keesha Crystals: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Ga Gemstones: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Crothhound: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Armour of the deep: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Shiatu's Edge: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Azeman: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Tanaari Horse: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Pit Trap - Curved to prevent easy rescue: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Corridor Trap - Raining Oil: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Pit Trap - Falling Rope: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Cross Roads Tavern: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Corridor Trap - Rolling cylinder down stairs variant: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Intro to Grenur the assassin: Has a stray ? in the scribes notes.
Potion of Alkaline: Has a stray in the scribes notes.
Pit Trap - Acid with wall of air variant - Poisonous Fumes: Title spelled incorrectly.
Executioner's Sword:
Al Qu'inora- Azeman oil:

Miscellaneous: Within this heading you will find a wide range of little things that will over burden the Trolls, minor issues I have taken care of will be listed. If you are a scribe and wanting to assist with writing a tale about one of these Races or other arenas. I suggest that you do a little research and then go for it. Remember to contact the sage of the various arenas or one of his representatives.

07-08-16 The Other Addresses the Masses: Strange one this, there’s a test image from Betatester incorporated into the top of TO’s notice. Not sure if it was intentional, caught the eye as it was unlike the rest of TO’s Addresses to the Masses. To is looking into this one and its on her to do list.

Merfolk: Incorrectly labeled as an Open Sapling, I think this is a completed sapling, which makes it a seed.

Rage: This is a placeholder for Valorius

Tresat ur'Loth: Comes up with the following message:
(put your first paragraph here in the top box...)
(...and the rest of your story here.)

Oomba Oota:`Don’t know why but this one came up twice in the recent tales listings, but with the same link number.

Wagon Stickers: Curious if this is still a Pending Contest. I feel it could be a great money maker if it got off the ground in the future.

Roadius: No longer a Closed Sapling as the God position has been filled.

Gollivag: Listed as an Open Sapling, but missing the Original scribe notes etc at the bottom of the piece.

Second Banner Test: Not required really.

Incubus: This is was a closed Sapling and has now been written up as Incubus Frost. So I feel it is no longer necessary to have it listed, though the alternative could be have a link placed to the character sketch.

Mispoint: A scribe has already taken this one up and it is awaiting the scribes attention and approval from the Gods.

Sons of Pretense: Fixed some grammar errors.

Igruss Cliffwalker: Has NO text in the body of this Open Sapling.


Some of the older initial Open Saplings. Set out in a completely different manner than is currently used.
Tian Islands:
Brangin:
Permia: Removed the stray ? marks.
Strayton Village – TBW: Removed the stray ? marks. Fixed a couple of typos and a little grammar.
Village of the Gentle Ones:
Traddlebow Castle: ALERT to TO/LUCIA: in edit mode if you scroll to Story type you will see some strange programming text. Removed the strays, fixed typos.

Anon scribes: Curious as to what will happen with these.
Arac:
Caetyri:
Aquestri:
The Venra and the Morta:
Arden:

You’ll know all the tales I’ve read by the comments that are left behind. I must say there has been a lot of great reads.

I must say that my dictionary is having a fit with all the names…but it helps with the checking and referencing. I’ve noticed that the vagaries of spelling vary greatly with some scribes writing. Ie: Traveling – Travelling. These issues I have not altered as they pertain to the scribes locale.

I’ve also been taking time to write my own tales, as they seem to get lost in the fray of researching, reading, playing in the forums and seeking assistance from other scribes. Those of which I want to thank, whole heartedly for their assistance. As we all know my punctuation is terrible and it seems to take me longer to get anything published. This is primarily due to my own RW commitments and other issues, but I am hanging in there and doing what I can for LoM.

I just want to re-iterate that I do not under any circumstance change your text or make revisions. I remove stray ? and correct spelling, as per position description above dictates.
If I see the spelling was meant to be way the scribe intended it, I leave it as found.

Legends of Mernac
One World...Endless Possibilities

No comments: