Friday 20 July 2007

Dad Falls

Shopping with Mum & Dad today. Went really well. Though before arriving Dad was in the laundry putting his shoes on and his hip went 'PoP'. Yep, guessed it right! He was bending incorrectly again!

Mum heard him calling out and helped him move into the hall where he popped the hip back himself. 'OUCH!' He's getting quite good at popping it back himself. He is also a stubborn old goat! He spent the day in pain and just flat out refused to admit it.

Nothing we could do as he will not listen. We did walk slower and take more rest breaks. Well we had to do something!

Anyway, we (hubby & I) spent some quality time together and with my parents. He slept in the car, while I assisted with the veg shopping! LOL. He told me what meat to buy at the butchers and added extra to the basket. I put my hand out for more money! :)

My parents laughed, dad chased the sample lady around the store. She had some nice curry snags on offer and well he was hungry! Though he did get an italian sausage one and was shocked that he liked it. Mind you he did say in small doses.

Then off to Dads other store and 3 slabs of canned goods brought, plus some sundry items. Dad offered lunch! So into the footy club we went.....mmmm....nice tucker there.

We ordered. Dad was upset that the 'lambs fry & bacon' was all gone! We were'nt! He had the roast of the day! After taking our seats, I wandered into the pokies, feed $10 au into the machine and started playing. Over hobbles the old goat, to put the moz on me! He feeds the next machine $5 au and instantly wins 15 free spins and can't work out which button to press to get them working. I lean over and press it, whilst pressing my own. Hee hee, my machine goes off! I win 15 free spins. Sweet!
At the 8th spin, I win another 15, then on the last 3, I win another 15! Yippee, I'm in the money!

By this time Dads attention has waivered over to my machine and he's lost his coins! He signals hubby over and I say 'No, he'll moz me!', though the darling did bring my coffee over. :) He observes my winning streak and stays put behind me. I collect our meat shopping money back and he puts his hand out! Ggrr, there goes the new shoes!

I'm not that mean. I did give him $30 of the $88. I've had enough of the pokies, so wander off to have a chat and coffee with mum. Our meals arrive and Dad flicks his broccoli onto my plate. 'Cow food' he calls it. I glare and he laughs.

Dad wins the members prize. We finish our meals and Dad gives Mum, $10 to play with, 'Wow, Dad!' He sits at the machine I was on, hoping the luck would run off, but it ran away! He lost!

We go looking for Mum and her machine is having a rocking good time! She is shaking in her slippers! She's won a tidy little prize! I call the attendant, Mum collects and we leave. We know when to hold off and well the club makes enough out of us every 6 weeks so its about time we won some back.

Back to the major shopping center we go! Mum buys herself some ladies garments and shouts me one! The last one in my size in the entire shop, mind you! You know how I remember my bra size? I pop the cup on Hubbies head and if it fits like a beanie, we got it right! We love doing that, as it gives the stores LPO's a great laugh!

Back to the car. Oh we changed cars at Mums, Dads twin cab ute needed a run, so we took it out!

They all sleep for the 45 min drive back to their home and I get to sing to myself!

Once home we unpack the shopping get everything put away and Dad says come look at the new cockatiel. So we do! Its a pidgeon! What the?
Mum explains someone stole 1 of her 5 and replaced it with a wild pidgeon. How sweet! Not! Hubby climbs into avairy, catches pidgeon and Dad snaffles it. I think please don't wring its neck! But he lets it fly off! Whew!

Into my car and hubby drives home. I sleep! Well it is another hours drive home! so why not get a 'Nanna nap in!' We unpack our shopping and put it away. I spend a penny.

Its late and Boo is hungry! So take out it is! I take the chance that the optometrist is open and collect my glass's. Yippee I can see again!

Home, eat, write a little, watch the late news, update blog and now off to bed!

Hope the old fart behaves!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I help sponsor a poetry contest with a $10,000 first place prize every month. I thought your poem would be a good candidate. Just click on my name for the site. Keep on writing...