Monday 23 July 2007

Weekly Report

Anemo Eolics
Mernac.com FREE fantasy fiction

Report for the week of 17th July – 24 July!

Mernac.com FREE fantasy fiction

A must see by Saithan, I know it’s a little late. But its better than never right!

Now as most of you will have observed, I’ve not been participating much within the forums. This is due to my wanting to finish some of my own writing and sort my blog into some semblance of order. Which I think I may have barely achieved. Lol. However the real reason is my eyes! They have been giving me the worst headaches and well, I took the time to have them checked. Yep I need glasses, among other things. LOL. They should be sitting prettily on the bridge of my nose by the end of the week and the headaches should decrease, not long after.

On the far left of my blog, you will know see and have hopefully participated in my weekly poll. The results of last week are:

Poll results:
The Legends of Mernac was created by?
Quont the 'God of Lust' 0%
The Other 1 vote = 10%
The One 1 vote = 10 %
Rick Merriman (drum roll)........9 votes = 90%

Thanks to the 10 who dropped by and voted! It was Rick who created the Legends of Mernac with some help from TO and a whole lotta of other people.


Each week there will be a new poll question. Sorry no prizes to be issued as yet. Nevertheless, give me time and I’ll work something out. The results will also be posted in the Anemos blog poll thread in the general public forum.

Anemo was being flighty again and dropped a few OSC links into the correct page and is awaiting approval. After doing so she wandered to the The Mernac Mint & The First Bank of Mernac Only to check out the interior and see if she could make the coins fall over! But sadly the trolls are way too quick and shuttered the doors against her blustering. Just as well the bank does not have notes! Now for a little reminder on the payments within Mernac. Taken from the Mernacian policy and procedure manual. LOL.

1 Copper: Posting a message or reply in the Mernac forums
5 Copper: Having a submitted OSC Links approved
5 Copper: Having a submitted OSC Download approved
5 Copper: Voting
5 Copper: Affiliate Visitors
10 Copper: Having a submitted story image approved
10 Copper: For Rating Stories and Art
10 Copper: For Creating eBooks
15 Copper: Having a submitted sapling approved
25 Copper: Having a submitted story approved
50 Copper: Affiliate Registrants


Now is that not just so tempting. But remember to tip the artisans and scribes.
I have also started an Anemos favorite weekly artist page and Kachinadoll has the honoured position of being the first. Each week I am hoping to feature an artisan from Mernac in my blog. If you happen to be a artist and would like me to feature your work. Please do PM me and we will discuss it together.

This weeks featured artist is none other than...........Canu Baraksson/Morgan

Scrolls within Mernac proofread.
Ooloo
Siberlee's Good. Sent a email to Rick about this and forgot to add it to the TS&E forum. Anemo’s bad!
News and Views from around the Legends of Mernac.

Quont’s questions to keep Mernacians Blogging, has received a nice amount of responses and I must say they are informative. It is a weekly question and our second question is…You’re going on vacation in Mernac, where would you visit?
My reply is located here in the blog. Just look under the Mernac News.

****
I really ought to catch up, so here goes I will try!
Welcome to my Open Vault area within the Legends of Mernac. I’ve taken the liberty of showing some examples of my writing and poetry in the Open Vault. Please do look and do please provide feedback. It means so much to writers and potential writers to have feedback. Check in regularly as I’m adding to the vault on a semi regular basis.

‘Incorporeal fingers make it hard to scribe!’ Anemo chases the thought recorder spell.
‘Aahh, that is so much better!’

TS&E Solved!
Yep still running around in a flurry chasing those elusive little ??. Morgan’s been lending me his eyes and I hope so have some of the other members.


Mernac.com FREE fantasy fiction

Now if you just wish to read there are ton’s of Tomes that are published. They can be located through the links provided. Now as a rule of thumb within the Legends of Mernac, you need to have a Character to start your tale and then a Legend to accompany that tale. Then you move onto Lore Once you have read these and find that you want to further the reading, just follow the links that are attached to each and keep moving through the wide and varied world of Mernac.
The above also applies to the fact that if you wish to become a Scribe you need to write one of each of the above. However, you need to find and Open sapling of a character and take it from there. Do please consult with the original scribe and the ‘God’ of the era that you wish to write in. Above all, it is ‘Research, Research, & more Research!’ In LoM, we all aim to keep our tales as factual as possible, with information that is already provided by the scribes.

Now there is yet more to the Legends of Mernac, you have Places that you can read about. Just discovering the landscape of Fantasy is amazing. Imagine if you could write your own version! Then without forgetting inside all of the tomes there are Items
that require there own tale or just a brief description. So many potential opportunities and inspirations are provided for the imaginative writer.

Scribes needed to assist with the s2s forums. Please do take the time to assist in this arena of Mernac. If we all contribute, then the ‘Sages’ and ‘Gods’ will be able to further the scrolls in having them published. I know Anemo’s been a bare wisp of a breeze in the s2s. But she is chasing those dern ??

Scribe to scribe forum: I've been slack this week and filling my time with my own scribing. I really want to get these pieces completed, then I can concentrate on my Disciple duties.

Legends:


Characters:


Places:
We really need to work on getting some of these published, so as the scribes can use the information contained within to further enhance their tomes.
Lore:
Items:
In addition, here, we scribes could be putting quill to scroll and adding a little color into the lands of Mernac in the way of the Flora and Fauna. No excuse’s now, we all have described a plant, animal or insect within our scrolls and we should be popping them into the items s2s, to have them approved and published. This will also further enable other scribes to mention said items in their scrolls and have your work linked to theirs. Sorry Sister Vickie, I do realise that makes work for you if the scribes don’t make the connections. I know I am a culprit for it too!
Saplings:
Some us (scribes) could also easily be turning some of items into Open/closed saplings. Think on it, please.
D20 RPG Content


This week’s featured blog belongs to
Elsen's Blog Our dear father has been busy of late, but not his Disciple Goran. Elsen's left a note in the blog about a cahllenge on scribing adventure hooks. Check it out!

& the featured Disciples Blog is
Incubus Frost. Love the waving banner of Incubus. Hint Hint! Hey Frosty, if your reading this, how about sharing the music idea! Frost has pulled quil and scribed a reply to this weeks question and believes that he is running away from Anemo and Vickielysia, when if fact it was invitation to Party within the Lands of Mernac. Nothing beats getting a few Disciples together and rockin the Taverns of Mernac.


Mernac.com FREE fantasy fiction


Don’t forget to check out the scribes lounge, artisans lounge and wander over to Musicians café. Also, if you’re looking for a link, check out my links guide in the side bar of the blog.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope the breeziness of my blog did not leave you feeling chilled.
Mernac.com FREE fantasy fiction

No comments: